Please take notice of the following before you arrive:
- Take a moment to fill out the Intake Addendum document the day of your appointment but before you arrive (below).
- When you do arrive, please wait in your vehicle or the comfortable lobby until I text you to come in. This will allow me enough time to disinfect while preventing an overlap of possibly too many clients in the waiting room at one time.
- I have an air sterilizer in my treatment room that eliminates viruses, bacteria, dust mites and mold with ceramic heat core technology.
- You do not need to wear your mask when face down on the table.
- If you feel ill on the day of your session, please stay home; massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Thank you!
I’m located just outside of Worcester in Westborough in the Chauncy Place Healing and Wellness Center, diagonally across route 9 from Massage Envy. If you are seeking more specialized therapies from a licensed and certified massage therapist, I am pleased to see you. You can conveniently book by clicking above on the Book Now button.
45 Lyman St Suite 22 The Healing & Wellness Center @ Chauncy Place Westborough, MA 01581
Touch is one of our earliest forms of healing. It is a basic life necessity – a basic knead, so to speak. Touch is the first sense to develop in humans and usually the last to fade – an indicator of how important touch is to sustaining life. Our skin is sensory mapped to our brains to deliver endorphins upon receiving directed, healing touch.
Healing touch therapies can increase feelings of well-being and reduce pain, lift depression, bolster immune function, reduce job stress. We instinctively touch those in need of care. A player puts their arm around their teammate after a goal or a parent instinctively holds, blows on or kisses their child’s injured knee.
Massage studies suggest that therapeutic touch can do a lot….re-establish correct nerve flow in damaged, fatigued or injured areas, return muscle fibers to their normal resting length for recovery, eliminate adhesions, improve range of motion (joint function), promote deeper breathing, aid digestion, decrease edema, decrease anxiety, aid insomnia, decrease migraine frequency & duration, decrease fibromyalgia pain and lessen arthritis pain.
But life and our bodies don’t fit neatly into clinical studies…they can, however, fit neatly into the hands of an informed, educated and skilled therapist with a deeply healing intent.